Razor Consulting Solutions is a people-first technology company whose culture is driven by intelligent, motivated, and results-oriented professionals. Our mission is to provide innovative solutions, flawless execution, and transparent integrity to every one of our customers and business partners.
We are looking for a MS SQL Database & System Administrator to join our team to oversee and maintain cloud architecture, application software, and the database system ensuring data is available, protected, and accessible 24×7. This role will support a broad range of responsibilities including database administration, maintaining system security and data integrity, performance monitoring, and backup and data recovery. The ideal candidate has a passion for technology and the latest cloud innovations, experience with MS SQL Server and Azure (Microsoft .NET a plus), eagerness to learn, ability to quickly adapt to change, and a strong troubleshooting business acumen. This individual will be based in Fargo, ND.
- Database Administration:
- Execute database operations including optimization and scaling of SQL resources, database partitioning and sharding, troubleshooting, and monitoring security configurations.
- Provide 24×7 on-call remote database support to resolve issues and insure availability.
- Test and leverage latest technologies finding optimal ways to store and access data.
- Security: Detect weaknesses and vulnerability of the network and applications either directly or via third party engagement to minimize risks.
- System Administration:
- Monitor all systems preventing small problems from turning into big problems.
- Drive alignment internally regarding password rotation, network monitoring, resource utilization monitoring, and dashboards.
- Deploy and monitor security patches and other updates as needed.
- Azure/Cloud Optimization:
- Create backup and recovery plans and procedures based on industry best practices.
- Test and ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the client’s Recovery Time Objectives and Recovery Point Objectives.
- Determine the most effective way to increase performance when issues arise, such as server configuration changes, hardware purchases etc.
- Find new ways to use platform functionality to drive innovation.
- Build Automation: Automate the application deployment to respective environments.
- Performance: Monitor system’s health and performance ensuring high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security.
- Assist with other Razor Consulting Solutions day-to-day business as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 3-5 years of database or system administration experience.
- 2+ years Microsoft SQL Server database experience.
- General security knowledge.
- Understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Proficient with backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Experience with cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure, AWS (Azure or AWS certifications a plus).
- Ability to work independently, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Exceptional problem-soling and critical thinking skills in stressful situations.
- Ability to accept and give constructive criticism in a team environment.
- Experience developing code for web, desktop and/or mobile applications.
- Experience debugging, testing, and troubleshooting code.
- Knowledge of Web Development (CSS, SOAP/RESTful, Web Services, ASP.NET, C#).