Razor Consulting Solutions is a people-first technology company whose culture is driven by intelligent, motivated, and results-oriented professionals.
We are looking for an organized, inquisitive, and innovative problem solver with the ability to perceive, understand and interpret facts quickly and precisely to join our team as a Compliance Officer. This role will be responsible for compliance program management and projects related to any type of regulatory requirement that is or may be applicable to our business units. This individual must maintain subject matter knowledge and expertise to educate and direct managing partners and leadership in supporting compliance with current, new, and/or revised standards and guidelines.
Key aspects of the role include identifying potential business impacts or compliance gaps across the organization and collaborating with managing partners and/or leadership on the development of solutions to mitigate risk, operational procedure writing and review of documentation developed by leadership to support compliance on an ongoing basis ensuring continuous audit preparedness, and representing the organization with external stakeholder agencies on regulatory requirement related matters. The ideal candidate must display a high level of diplomacy with the ability to explain in layman’s terms the nature of a problem, offer a correction plan, invite stakeholders to provide solutions, and monitor for remediation.
- Compliance: Review and interpret all new/revised requirements; identify potential impacts for the organization and/or business units; communicate information to managing partners/leadership; complete gap analysis to identify actions required to support compliance; obtain input/direction from legal counsel (as needed); and approve actions recommended by business units.
- Program Management: Direct managing partners and leadership across the organization on all aspects of regulatory requirements and delegation oversight. Collaborate with delegated team members to provide ongoing monitoring of requirements, development and use of centralized reporting, and recommendation or approval of any remediation options. Ensure all team members follow applicable internal compliance policies.
- Project Management: Manage department-specific projects to support ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements by developing and implementing work plans, obtaining status updates, reviewing outcomes, recommending changes (as needed), and working with the applicable managing partner or leader on finalization.
- Consulting: Provide ongoing direction and support to managing partners and leadership on compliance matters, and coordinate queries to external stakeholders or legal counsel to resolve complex issues.
- Auditing: Review all documents submitted to support audits; manage the internal audit process; develop, implement, and monitor Plans of Correction (as needed); and communicate results to managing partners and/or leadership.
- Training: Develop training materials; identify scope of training (individuals and/or business units); schedule training sessions; and conduct training.
- Contract Management: Review contracts (as applicable); identify compliance requirements; develop plan for any new compliance needs or continuance of existing plan; and report findings.
- Governance: Facilitate workgroups to ensure that compliance-related matters are reported as required, direction/input is received from applicable subject matter experts, and adequate documentation is maintained. Develop/monitor reporting matrices, compile and present reports, and audit documentation.
- Special Projects: As required or assigned by managing partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Public Policy, Public Administration, Communications, Pre-Law, or Accounting.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in compliance, public policy, government affairs, project management, contracts, law, or auditing.
- Experience working with federal government small business contracting programs.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and guidelines and/or requirements.
- Experience interpreting regulations, assessing impacts, implementing processes to enhance compliance, and auditing results.
- Experience drafting/monitoring corrective action plans.
- Experience interacting with external regulatory representatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and manage execution with meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and complex priorities while meeting associated deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to various systems and tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Microsoft Power BI experience (preferred.)
EOE, Including Disability/Vets